UFCW Canada Local 1006A members at Sysco Fine Meats Toronto have voted to accept a new union contract.
Ratified on October 4, the four year agreement runs from September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2022.
The negotiating committee was led by Central Region Coordinator Jonathan Lobo, with support from Union Rep Frank Mensah and members, Chris Buckingham and Aaron Grass.
“We are proud of the gains that our union negotiating committee achieved for our members at Sysco Fine Meats,” said President Wayne Hanley.
- Wage increases
- Gender Neutral Language
- Protection of Healthcare and welfare and Pension to ensure no reductions for term of agreement
- Improved Vacation language
- Improvement to Overtime pay language
- Language for victims of Domestic Violence/Abuse
- Enhanced job protection for permanent employees.
- Language for cross-training employees.