UFCW Members Eligible to Stand for Nomination and Election
The UFCW International Convention, held every five years, will take place in Las Vegas from Monday, April 24 to Friday, April 28, 2023. The UFCW Canada Local 1006A Executive Board has approved to send 26 delegates and 15 alternates.
Elected delegates will:
- elect international union officers,
- debate and set the UFCW’s goals, priorities and policies,
- review and consider amendments to the international constitution, and
- be required to make representative presentations supporting Local 1006A’s postition.
Eligibility for Nomination and Election
To stand for nomination and election as a delegate or alternate to the convention, UFCW Canada Local 1006A members must, at the time of nomination:
- be an active member of the local union who has
- been an active member in UFCW continuously since September 2021.
- must maintain continuous active membership in the local union until the first day of the convention.
Delegates and alternates will:
- require a valid passport for travel to the United States
- be required to satisfy all COVID travel and local restrictions in effect at the time of convention
- receive room, travel and other expenses as per Local Union policy.
- The Local Union will NOT pay for lost time from the workplace. Delegates and alternates will be responsible for securing time off from work.
Nominations are to be delivered (mailed, faxed or scanned & emailed) to the union office using the enclosed nomination form. Nomination information and details are enclosed. Eligibility of those nominated will be verified by the Elections Committee.
Any eligible member who accepts nomination will stand for election as a delegate or alternate to the international convention. Voting will take place at membership meetings scheduled at various locations from November 21 to December 2, 2022. Please see information enclosed for voting information. If you need assistance locating your poll location, please contact the Elections Committee Chair.
The Notice of Nominations and Elections for Delegates to UFCW International Convention (PDF) was mailed to all members in the Fall 2022 Issue of the 1006Alive magazine.
Questions about the nomination or election process should be addressed to: