UFCW 1006A members at Compass Group Canada (Toronto Pearson Airport) have voted to accept a new contract with improvements ranging from wage increases to personal days.
“It was a fair contract – my colleagues liked it,” said Davine Campbell, a member of the negotiating committee. “There were a few things we wanted which didn’t happen. Overall, it is okay.”
The negotiating committee included member, Davine Campbell, Executive Assistant to the President Frank Ragni, and Union Representative Glacier Effs-Samuel.
“I am happy about the RRSP language they added — we didn’t have that before,” said Campbell.
The term of the new contract is from March 1, 2022 to February 29, 2024 and covers 60 workers.
“UFCW 1006A provides union representation that changes lives and workplaces for the better,” said President Wayne Hanley. “Our union negotiating committees continue to show the power of union representation in winning rights and improving livelihoods. Congratulations to our members at Compass Group Canada on their new union contract.”
1006A members at Compass (Toronto Pearson Airport) work in a variety of roles/positions, including hostesses, housekeeping, cooks, stock persons and dishwasher.
- Addition of two personal days
- New RRSP language - Full-time employees are now eligible to enroll and participate in the company’s RRSP plan.
- Wage Increases (Year 1- 3% with retro pay; Year 2 – 2.5%)
- Letter of Understanding to create more 40 hour work week positions
- New WSIB return to work language