UFCW 1006A members at Compass Group Canada (York University) continue to build a fairer and better workplace, as they voted to approve their new union contract.
The term of the contract is from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2026.
The negotiating committee consisted of member, Kirti Chandani, and Union Representatives Joe Blythe and Tania Liu.
“The union negotiating committee did an exceptional job in achieving a fair union contract which protects and improves the rights and livelihoods of our members at Compass,” said President Wayne Hanley.
Our members, who work at York University’s V.P. Dahdaleh Building, were previously employed by Aramark. Now, they are employed by Compass at the same location.
• Improved bereavement language
• Nine percent wage increase over 3 years
• New vacation entitlement of 6 weeks for 20 years of service
• Break period increased from 10 minutes to 15 minutes
• Reduced the cost of benefits to our members
• New shoe allowance provision
• Ensured the morning premium is now applicable to all workers